Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Justified Anger

My anger is justified today
So far I’ve been supportive of around my way
But now it’s too much
People around you, you can’t even trust
Your own “people” shoot you and rob you
Who do they think they are? Who?
I’m about ready to give up on these punks
They wanna be thugs, chumps
Yeah the government made it bad on the hood
But these little dudes aren’t misunderstood
At least not to me
Through that fake thug I see
I cared, but now I care less
I’m not gone be bothered by the stress
Yeah I said it; just give em a craft and a trade
But they so deep in this way of life that it won’t fade
How do you help people that keep robbing you?
I’m done, wash my hands and I’m through
I defending these dudes when my pops said they bad
I just thought maybe they needed a brother or a dad
But when a gun is put his face
All that “I want to help” goes out in space
Like someone talked bout my mama, them fighting words
All that peaceful talk is kicked to the curb
Anger, hate whatever you wanna call it
All that, I’m feeling it
Put me in a closed room with them for 5 minutes time
He’ll come out talking like a mime
I know I shouldn’t hate cause of who I believe in
But just the thought of revenge gives me a little grin
Am I wrong for thinking about that danger?
Or do I have justified anger?

1 comment:

  1. Love it bro. I have a similar poem. I remember showing it to you, and reading this one. we cannot help everyone.

    Much Love
    P.I

    ReplyDelete