Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brain Storm

Get ya umbrellas out, the kid about to brain storm
But turn them up side down cause it’s against the norm
I want you to catch the ideas I’m showering you with
In every drop there is a positive tip
I don’t know exactly who I’m speaking to
But one thing is for sure I’m talking to you
You with the mountain you feel you can’t climb
You that’s always in a rush to waste time
And you who can’t see the future because of what you left behind
Why dwell in the past, when each day is new?
And wouldn’t it feel good to look back and see how you grew?
Get it? You need rain to grow
Trials and troubles, you know how they go
Hope you catch the moral of the story, we all make mistakes
But you live and learn and that idea makes life great
Where you come from can mold you, but who you are should make you
If you’re around good people you become them and they you
I wouldn’t lie, every thing I say is true
Why be proud to be a follower or just apart of the crowd?
Why not be a leader and set the tone of that crowd?
So now the storm is passing and you didn’t even get wet
But the question is, is ya umbrella full from what you were to catch?

From poetry book "Journey" ; ISBN: 978-0-615-26495-0

No comments:

Post a Comment