Friday, January 8, 2010

Secret Crush

This poem here is from my upcoming poetry book, Created to Love. Be on the look out end of February...

Secret Crush

This mad crazy
The way my mind gets hazy
She told me to have sweet dreams
And my mind took it literally it seems
I mean I just blacked out into a distant world
And in that world she was my girl
I mean we experience pleasures no human can
The way I feel her doesn’t stop at the extension of my hand
Her words I remember line for line
When I read I felt her warm hands touching my spine
Just from a photo I can tell her eyes are so kind
What kind of feeling and emotion is this I have?
My mind is driving, but my body is in the back seat of the cab
I guess its simple, I have a crush
But this thing is driving me nuts
I know not much about her
Yet and still to her words I refer
I’m like a kid at a candy shop, but not wanting everything
There is only one piece to make my eyes bling
This beautiful lady of heavenly domain
I have nothing to lose, but everything to gain
So it seems…
Outside of my dream, things I can’t control
She has a story and in it I want to play a major role
I want to be that guy who lights her fire
For one night pretend I’m love for higher
Put her mind on a ship that sails to her ecstasy
I know where to take her, she’s just like me
I don’t want to spoil it, so I’ll stop there
Hopefully she’ll finish it, if she does care
And if not… she’ll still be in my thoughts

1 comment: