Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fishing

My first post of the New Year. Hope everyone had a great holiday, Christmas and New Years. Stay positive, keep God first, and take this new year by the horns....

Fishing

Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the waves roll in my way
Threw my line out with out bait
I don’t wanna come off fake
I don’t wanna seem like I’m phony
Like agreeing that I want a pony
Though I’m going against tradition
My line is only to get attention
The “bait” is positive over negative
It’s the chance of a better way to live
I’m fishing for dreamers
Future planners and schemers
Straight shooters like a sniper
And ones willing to wipe away the exterior like a window wiper
My cast has been out for a while
And it looks like no action for miles
But patience is a virtue
And moving too fast can hurt you
So I keep believing and sticking to the plan
Pretty soon I’ll see someone’s hand
Reaching up for the line to grab
Reaching for a better life than they had
Don’t worry none get thrown back like it’s a game
Only way is if they jump out the boat or frame
Don’t worry I’ll be here for a long time with my line out
And in that time you’ll learn what my mission is about
So if you pass by while I’m fishing
It’s not by chance, its all coming to fruition

1 comment:

  1. Yep, this is how I feel sometimes. Just sitting out fishing waiting for the bait to take. Good one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete