Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rainy Days

Rainy days
Oh how I love your ways
You always seem to soothe
You always ease my mood
Rainy days I do enjoy
My mind opens to deploy
Poems just rain out like from a cloud
I never want to leave the bed
But to far away places my mind does tread
To Prague and its stone roads
And Egypt with its Kingly thrones
The rain forest of Brazil
How about Paris streets or a Jamaican beach where my mind can spill
Travel to South Africa and enjoy a SA sunset
But in reality I haven't been yet

As the wind blows
I listen to the rain drops dripping on the ground outside my window
My breathing eases
My pulse decreases
My mind again drifts into a dream world
A world that isn't spoiled
A world refreshed in every drop
When the rain comes everyone stops
We enjoy the little things
The things that make us human beings
Irrelevant things are no longer relevant
The rain, can you stand it?
Oh soft musical rain how I love thee
While you're raining down I can clearly see
So my beloved rain, rain down on me

No comments:

Post a Comment