Monday, June 8, 2009

Constructive Reality

I’m spinning out of control in a vortex of virtual reality
A place where men do men things for men salary
A place where everything is twisted
It comes true if you wished it
I sat with Martin and Malcolm over a cup of fountain water
Their words inspired me to work harder
Joined us was Ozzie Davis
You should’ve seen their faces
He told me Dennis, always do the right things
Then out their backs came wings
Blinked my eyes to another atmosphere
A place neither there nor here
Backwards, yes it is
Benjamin Button, grow up to be kids
I just think of my dream girl and a space opens in time
Nervous but I follow the yellow brick line
Jump into a cloud and within seconds I’m next to pure exquisite
Hopefully this is not just a visit
Medium length brownish hair
Legs that make you want to stare
Five something, with a heavenly smile
Can’t forget her style
She’s the equivalent of picking off a shelf down the perfect aisle
Clean up on aisle perfect, I’m droolin’
And in that drool I sink and miss my opportunity to say
How I want to love her in every way
Sinking through the floor I end up in a bar
With a shot that looks like a jelly jar
Telling my problems to… Roger Rabbit?
But he’s saying something about a Jessica Rabbit
I’d rather be in a casket
Then be like him drowning in heart break
Is this a dream? Can I wake?
Walking till my feet hurt looking for exquisite
But it seems walking further isn’t worth it
Falling face first the vortex scoops me before I hit the ground
Round and round and round
Images from my mind I see in the circular cloud
Moments of regret and moments of proud
The images fall into a singular pile
Close my eyes and smile
Open them to a beautiful face
My virtual reality dream world is a crazy place

No comments:

Post a Comment