Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rhythm of My Dreams

Lay my head down and close my eyes
I'm hoping for dreams
My mind is then lifted to the skies
I squint at flashing light beams
I'm now in a place to beautiful to describe
Waves crashing, sun shining, God has a smile
I'm suddenly pick up on another's vibe
Sounds like a live band, I'll sit here a while
It gets closer and I'm gripping with anticipation
The earth takes a moment to breathe, there is no sound
There's almost a feeling of intimidation
The rhythm shakes the ground
Up over the horizon and down the hill
I sense its "her," the lady in my smile
The rhythm gets me up on my feet, what a thrill
Glad I waited here a while
She stands at my back and says, "hey papi"
The hairs of my neck stand
No movement is wasted, nothing is sloppy
I dare not gaze upon her for she'll slip away like sand thru my hand
I just smile and respond with a hey beautiful, I missed you
I think she smiles, she lets out a sigh
She missed me too
She leans in and whispers bye
As she walks away leaves with her is the rhythm
And I realize something watching her depart
I gain a little wisdom
The rhythm of my dreams is the beat of her heart

No comments:

Post a Comment