Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Through the Cracks

Through the Cracks

Sitting on the dock of the sea
Watching the sun set on me
A lite sprinkle starts to form
Off in the distance a storm
The sprinkles tap me on my head
On my shoulders
On my face
And vanishes with out a trace

Sitting on the dock of the bay
Thinking of my life in this way
She starts to sprinkle down on me
And just when my eyes are open to see
Her kiss taps me on my forehead
Her hands grace my shoulder
Her words place a smile on my face
Then she vanishes through the cracks of the dock with out a trace

Sitting on the dock of the ocean
The dock rocking to the waters motion
Staring her in her eye
With mine I say why
But she doesn't answer, just a smile
And all the while
The storm is here, raining down
And now she's no where to be found
I have this feeling of a monkey on my back
I just sat there and let her slip through the cracks

No comments:

Post a Comment