Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Live Down Here...... Peace

April 10th a star was born, clap for em.... These two poems are for/about my late grandfather.. I miss him...

I Live Down Here

It will be three years in November
I can see him now laughing and standing tall in his entire splendor
I miss him everyday
To get him back what wouldn’t I pay
But God called him right?
To send him a message I need a lot of string and a big kite
Or maybe a spaceship flight
He’s living in the sky, higher
Still can’t understand why as I get wiser
Still remember a joke he told that never gets old over time
Put his big finger close to my face, makes me laugh every time
“I live down here, you live up there, come down and see me some time”
I would laugh so hard as he ran his finger from my forehead to my chin
Never on a kids face have you seen such a grin
He would then grab me and put me on his knee and say hold on
That is before I got too big and grown
He once told me I couldn’t drive or have a girl til I was 23 or 25
Man oh man I wish he was still alive
To see me graduate and make a beautiful women my wife
Or tell me more things about my dad, my dad wouldn’t like
Ah, I feel an empty space in my life
I miss him saying grace at our Thanksgiving feast
But I feel his presence every time a wind blows from the East
And he lives in me and I’ll never forget
And I know he’s up there in Jesus’ private tent
Big Homie take care of him for all time
Hey granddad, I live down here, you live up there, come down and see me some time….

Peace

I’m not there yet, but I feel at ease
Like a soft summer breeze
It’ll be four years exactly in November
The last thing I remember is him so slender
But as I think there was so much joy
Joy that started when I was a little boy
Memories that last forever
Like when he stepped on a frog, clever
I couldn’t quite handle the line and stand
He went in and grabbed the fish with bare hands
It’s hard not to see the tears in my father’s eyes
I lost a superhero in my eyes
I’m searching for a peace
Something that helps is that wind from the East
And Gods calming influence and words
Hearing the singing of the birds
I don’t have that peace quite yet
So I’ll fly around till I find the nest
Hope in Peace you rest

No comments:

Post a Comment