Monday, October 5, 2009

New Poem>>>>> Salvation

Salvation

I feel like I’m being chased by terminator
On my knees sending up a prayer
Because my future has been prophesied, or prayed for
Mom has prayed for my success and wife since four
But it’s hard to live up to those standards
Trying to stay strong so push ups till my hands hurt
I’m resisting the leader of the resistance
For instance
I know I can be great but I just want to live
Grow old with a wife and kids
Everyone says I’m a good kid and I have a bright future
But I don’t want to be stuck in battle with Lex Luther
He’s just a metaphor representing the struggle
Its about to burst, my bubble
Some times I want to be faceless and fade into the background
But they all want me to be the champ pound for pound
I just want to be me
From all my problems take flight and flee
However, I’ve learned I can create me own destiny
The direction I’m pointed too
But the work is up to me to do
I can changed the scene if I choose
I can change the color from dark to light blues
I’ve had an epiphany to a certain extent
Use my pen to vent
And realize this is a blessing heaven sent
This was planned since creation
Control what I can, that’s my salvation
And I’m ready to adapt

No comments:

Post a Comment