Friday, August 21, 2009

***Brand New***

Before She Goes to Sleep

It’s getting late, I’ve got to move
There’s something I have to prove
I know she’s getting ready to lay that pretty head down
But before she takes off that halo crown
She needs to hear these words
Keeping my eyes open for cops in the burbs
Get to the door and she answers
Can I help you she says sarcastically?
And I say we need to talk emotionally
Well all you need to do is listen
Look at those eyes glisten
Baby I just need to tell you this before you go to sleep
And this comes from down deep
I love you more than any thing on this earth
I finally see your true worth
You bring an addition to my life I couldn’t believe
Because my mind just couldn’t find comprehension to retrieve
So I’m here on my knees
Standing like a man with flaws who makes mistakes
Learning from those and not moving with haste
You are the sun and stars
You…
A man in a tailored suit says something I can’t hear
Look in her eyes as I see a tear
She bows her head and begins to speak
But I hear nothing as my heart gets weak
Jamie Foxx’s Overdose is my theme song of the moment
Crushing my time for atonement
I feel like I’ve had too much to drink
My eyes start to blink
Faster and faster
It’s like a scene in a movie that starts to flash
For the car I make a dash
I can’t make it out, but I hear her voice
I mumble, you’ve made your choice
I was already too late before tonight
And I couldn’t make it right

No comments:

Post a Comment